Thursday, May 7, 2009

Physical Therapy

I quit my physical therapy.

I would go in and ride a stationary bike for a few minutes, stretch my calf and do some heel raises. The therapist would watch me walk and then bend my foot around for a while like he was going to get more flexibility out it (umm, it's got a bolt in it...it ain't bendin' big boy).

So I think I can do all these exercises at home, heat my foot before hand, ice it after and save myself a bunch of money.

I don't think most physical therapy places are like the one I went to, but I thought this one was kind of wasting my money AND the money of the other people in my group health plan.

I have a doctor's appointment next week. I'll do a long status post with some pictures and stuff after that one.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Flea said...

My son was recently diagnosed with cn bar tarsal coalition in both feet. No surgery right now. He got his orthotics yesterday and started PT last week. Bought him expensive sneakers when he was first diagnosed. All good and helping. I'm hoping you say in here somewhere why you opted for surgery. Will look.

Sweetpeaisme said...

Thank you soooo much for blogging your experience with this. I am a 34 year old female that was diagnosed with a calcaneonavicular coalition and am now 11 days post-op. I also had a bunion and bunionette corrected at the same time. While your procedure was a little different, the recovery experience was interesting and informative to read. This is exactly what I have searched the net for. Thanks again!

Brandy said...

I just has surgery for my tarsal coalition today! please check out my blog posts about surgery and the recovery process for me,
http://tarsalcoalitionfusion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Preferred Rehab