Sunday, November 23, 2008

Follow up #2

At my second follow up the cast came off and they took X-rays. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Everything seems to be healing well, and the staples and sutures came out. This did hurt a bit, kind of a burning sensation.

They put a tube sock on my foot and gave me a boot. I can't bend my foot enough to get it all the way in, I'm suppose to work at it though.

This particular boot has a a little push pump on it that airs everything up tight after I get it on.

I'll be able to shower without bagging up a cast. I can take the boot off. Yeah!

UPDATE...Here's the X-rays (click to enlarge):

I've duplicated one x-ray here and highlighted areas of interest. The little white "C's" up and down the back of my leg are the staples before they were removed. I'm still not weight-bearing. I'll have new x-rays then.


This is the money shot of the screw in my heel bone. Imagine sitting on the floor at the foot of my recliner and looking up through the arch of my foot at an angle. That's the angle of this x-ray.

No comments: